Transitions much lauded, laid back, long AF 29er trail bike, was a well sorted rig, that in a lot of ways, ushered in big laid back, long AF 29er trail bikes. And it just got a whole lotta makeover for 2020. Even though it was epic already.
So why go changing an already sorted platform? Well, lets just say it’s a more refined package. From it’s subtle geo changes (most noticeably a slightly steeper seat tube and tad longer chainstays) to the more than noticeable straighter tubes and dirt jumper-esque sloped silhouette…. Oh yeah, it got a boost in rear travel from 140 to 150mm and a lil BB height, but as with the previous model, it is still most at home with a 160mm fork. And, just like the lil wheeled Scout Transition dropped a few weeks back, you have the ability to run different stroke shocks that will adjust the rear travel. The Sentinel can drop to 140mm with the use of a 57.5 stroke shock. It now comes (for now) only in full premium Japanese Toray carbon fiber with a tailored blend of 24T and 30T materials to create what Transition feels is the right balance of frame stiffness, strength, and impact toughness. A unique latex coated EPS molding process allows for sharper frame lines and tighter edge radius control with maximum strength to weight ratio. And as dropper posts keep getting longer, they’ve combined short seat tube lengths with mega seatpost insertion to help get your saddle completely out of the way. All complete bikes come with longer travel dropper posts; SM 150mm, MD 180mm, and LG-XXL an epic 210mm dropper…
In Transitions always on point verbiage:
“The Sentinel inspires confidence like you’re wearing full body armour.”
It’s forgiving do-it-all attitude truly blurs the lines between planted bottomless sender and playful poppy trail pony. Whether you’re chasing EWS dreams or just a weekend afternoon escape, it will bring out the best in you. So easy to get acquainted with you’ll find yourself sending lines, jumps and manoeuvres you always felt were beyond your ability.
“Where before you went around, now you go over. Where you pushed up, now you pedal. Where you rolled, now you jump. Pedal up and repeat.”
- Lifetime warranty
- Featuring SBG Geometry
- Full Carbon Frame (Front Triangle, Rear Triangle And Rocker)
- 44mm/56mm Press In Headset
- 148mm Boost Dropout Spacing
- Stock Rear Travel 150mm With 62.5mm Stroke Shock
- Down To 140mm Rear Travel With 57.5mm Stroke Shock
- Enduro Max Sealed Bearings With Bearing Shields On Main Pivot
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Molded Rubber Chainstay, Seatstay & Downtube Protection
- External Rear Brake Cable Routing
- Fully Guided Rear Derailleur Cable Routing In DT And CS
- Water Bottle Storage Inside Front Triangle
- Accessory Mount On Underside Of Top Tube
- 29″ Tire Clearance Up To 2.6″
- 3.20 kg / 7.05 lbs Frame w / Shock, Complete X01 13.94 kg / 30.7 lbs
Hit up the crew at www.supersports.net.au for all your Transition needs!